Thursday, October 28, 2010

Entrepreneurs - Tough To Raise?

I've been reading about entrepreneurs & celebrities who admit to having ADHD.  Actor Jim Carrey  soared to the top of my suspicions long ago  & Ty Pennington of "Extreme Makeover, Home Edition" in  more recent years, just proved to me that energy, if channeled correctly, could go far to bless others. I remind myself that they are successful because of that out-of-control energy level & out-of-the-box thinking that are synonymous with ADHD.  Were these celebrities & entrepreneurs tough to raise? I don't know but I'm guessing their mothers' blogs would have looked something like mine or just maybe crazier!

The following excerpt is from Psychology Today, "7 Habits of Highly Successful Entrepreneurs with ADHD," written by  Shane K. Perrault, PhD who is the Coach and Psychologist at Entrepreneurs with ADHD:

"Believe it or Not, people with ADHD are 300% more likely to start their own business (see The Davinci Method, by Garret Loporto), and many business leaders have ADHD. To name a few accomplished business people with ADHD:
  • Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Airlines.
  • John T. Chambers, CEO of Cisco Systems.
  • Ingvar Kamprad, Swedish founder and chairman of IKEA stores
  • David Neeleman, founder and CEO of Jet Blue Airways.
  • Paul Orfalea, the founder of Kinkos.
  • Charles Schwab, the founder, chairperson, and CEO of the Charles Schwab Corporation, the largest brokerage firm in the U.S."
I've decided this is exciting - It's tough raising my future CEO but I'm really getting excited about what's ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up mom! You're putting your "energy" to good use on this blog. I'm proud and I love it! 1st born syndrome, perhaps. :)