At first I simply didn't have the time or energy to pick up a book and get past the first paragraph. Now, I will make the time. With this child, it's imperative I have tools and skills to raise him. Those tools don't drop from clouds! I believe every parent of an ADHD kiddo needs to read at least the first book listed here. I guarantee you're missing treasures if you don't grab the rest!
1) "The ADHD Parenting Handbook," by Colleen Alexander-Roberts
2) "All Dogs Have ADHD," by Kathy Hoopmann. Published 2009 by Jessica Kingley Publishers.
3) "ADHD And Me: What I Learned From Lighting Fires At The Dinner Table," by Blake Taylor, New Harbinger Publishers, 2008. (This author is currently in college & writes from a "kid's perspective. Fantastic tips!)
4) "Project June Bug," by Jackie Minniti, iUniverse Inc., 2008. Well-written & insightful novel. A tribute, in my opinion, to any teacher who really takes the time to try to understand!
5) "Cory Stories," by Jeanne Kraus, 2005 Magination Press
This fun paperback book is especially written for kids with tips for parents included. The author has 20 years experience in the classroom and this book was inspired by one of her sons.