Monday, November 8, 2010

I Understand "Bored"

Having grown up always feeling there wasn't quite enough "happening" around me, I do believe I understand my son's need to be busy. When I was young, there were many times we arrived at home from several back-to-back activities or errands, with parents ready to collapse. Sure, the day was full. I agreed with that, but WHAT were we going to do with our empty evening? Fortunately for my parents, my frenzy of activity did not include destructiveness....just a persistent nagging, "What can we do now?" 

It's probably a good thing that we're high-energy parents....since our 4th child has an endless supply to keep up with.  Though not "young" by any standard now, his dad & I can keep moving with him for quite a bit, playing indoors & out. We all love animals and we love to hang out with those critters! Table games are a hit around here & we do have some favorites. Decided to try puzzles (generally boring for us hyper folk) but we're finding those are even enjoyable in small doses. Winter's coming so the evenings will be longer. Ok, "Rocket-Boy," let the games begin!


No comments: